To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Have applied to study (and subsequently enrol) on a full-time undergraduate course with a tuition fee of £6000 p.a. or more.
- Have firmly accepted a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at the University of Wolverhampton by the July prior to the start date of your course; and
- Be a person with deafness/hearing loss or other hearing impairment and eligible for support via the Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) which has been declared to the University prior to enrolment. (If necessary, this criterion may be reviewed in the light of the detailed Government changes to DSA eligibility expected to be developed shortly).
- Be a Care Leaver or an estranged student, which must be declared to the University prior to enrolment. For more information on what support the university can offer see library.extrawheelusa.com/care; UCAS also have a useful webpages at UCAS Undergraduate: support for care leavers or UCAS Undergraduate: support for estranged students.
How it works
The Access Bursary is a £2000 cash payment paid during the 1st and second years of study.
Please note: Students who have previous University-level study are not eligible for this award.
Terms and conditions
- Payments are made through the Student Loans Company (where student is funded)
- Payments are split into 2 instalments of £500 each year, subject to re-enrolment
- September starters - December and May of each year
- January starters - April and December of each year
- If a student takes a period of Leave of Absence (LOA) during either year any outstanding payments will be made in line with the original schedule on their return to study
- Second instalments will only be made to students who are still enrolled at the time payment is due